Institutional framework the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) in Hungary
In the 2014-2020 programming period according to 1303/2013/EU regulation, member states have to designate the following authorities for operational programmes financed from the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund, the Cohesion Fund and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund:
- Managing Authority (MA)
- Certifying Authority (CA)
- Audit Authority (AA)
It is possible to have a coordinating body and intermediate bodies.
In Hungary, the institutional framework is the following:
- Managing Authorities are incorporated in the structure of three line ministries and the Prime Minister’s Office
- the Certifying Authority is incorporated in the structure of the Hungarian State Treasury
- the Audit Authority is the Directorate General for Audit of European Funds (DGAEF)
- the Coordinating Body: Ministry of Innovation and Technology
- Intermediate Body: three OPs (Territorial and Settlement Development OP, Competitive Central Hungary OP, Hungarian Fisheries and Aquaculture OP) have an IB, which is the Hungarian State Treasury for each of them.
The European Commission has an important role in the implementation of operational programmes. Its central homepage is http://ec.europa.eu